PALMSCAN A2000 PRO A-SCAN BIOMETER
The PalmScan A2000 A-Scan Biometer is a unique device capable of performing both applanation as well as immersion biometry. It does both quickly and with extreme accuracy. The A2000 makes immersion biometry effortless through the use of the E-Z Tip Immersion Shell and the portable AScan ultrasound. With the A2000, time will no longer be a limiting factor in the office as the device takes only seconds to complete an immersion AScan, giving doctors quick results and leaving patients with no mess and no discomfort. With the A2000, it is not necessary for doctors to recline their patients or to juggle multiple tools in order to obtain an accurate immersion readings. Through the use of ultrasonic waves, the A2000 is able to quickly measure thicknesses of the anterior chamber, lens, and axial eye length to calculate the required IOL (intraocular lens) for a patient before surgery.
PalmScan’s battery operated ultrasonic technology allows for measurements of even the densest cataractous eyes, giving you 100% patient coverage. Another feature of the A2000 AScan is the Contact/Applanation mode where the PalmScan utilizes our proven “Corneal Compression Detection” technique which warns the user of any corneal compression, preventing the user from taking inaccurate measurements.
Ophthalmic biometry has been made easy with the convenience and power of the PalmScan A2000, assuring a smooth and successful surgery for both patient and doctor.
|Palm Scan A2000 PRO has new and improved features to help your practice run more smoothly and efficiently. These new features have been received with the highest praise by our new customers and we invite you to experience it for yourself. The following new features have been added to the PalmScan PRO: |
About AScan Biometry
AScan ultrasound biometry is routine type of diagnostic test used in ophthalmology. This equipment provides data on the length of the eye, which is a major determinant in common sight disorders. The most common use is to determine eye length for calculation of intraocular lens power. Briefly, the total refractive power of the emetropic eye is approximately 60. Of this power, the cornea provides roughly 40 diopters, and the crystalline lens 20 diopters. When a cataract is removed, the lens is replaced by an artificial lens implant.
Additional Features of PalmScan A2000 AScan Biometer
- Independent study has proven this device to be as accurate as optical biometry
- Applanation and immersion modes
- Works with EZ-Tip Immersion soft shell for easiest immersion biometry
- No need to recline your patients for immersion biometry with EZ-Tips
- Compatible with traditional scleral immersion shells
- Capable of measuring on very dense cataract eyes
- Includes IOL calculator with modern formulas
- Correction of keratometry for post Lasik eyes
- Simple Interfaces with PalmScan K2000 Auto-Keratometer
- EMR compatible with detailed PDF reports
- Virtually unlimited storage of patient data
- 10 MHz probe with fixation light
- One Year Warranty