Phantom One Minute UV
A powder formula for making any CR-39 lens capable of absorbing ultraviolet radiation up to 400 nm in a simple treatment process. This fast absorbing formula is compatible with Anti-Reflection coating, tinting, and scratch resistance coating processes. The powder formula is sealed in water dissolvable bags, and packaged in paper envelopes.
- 300+ UV treated lenses per packet
- AR compatible
- Extended shelf life (Over 1 year )
- Low shipping costs (each packet weighs less than 1 oz.)
- 1 minute treatment for 96-97% absorption
- 2 minute treatment for 98% absorption
What is Ultraviolet Radiation?
Dangerous invisible electromagnetic particle-like properties produced by the sun and man-made sources (such as man-made welding arcs, high pressure lamps, etc.) The wavelength of UV radiation is measured in nanometers. For more information about UV radiation, refer to our informative pamphlet, “Protect Your Eyes From UV Radiation”.
UV treatment (Item#C351P), UV treatment with Scratch Resistance Properties (Item#C351S).
- One or more tanks in your dye heating unit can be allocated to heat the UV formula. An indirect heating unit utilizing heat transfer fluid is strongly recommended (e.g., Phantom Heating System). Any direct heating unit must incorporate stirring action to become suitable for heating the UV formula.
- Clean lens holder. Lens holder used for UV treatment should not be dipped in other solutions to prevent cross contamination.