OptiSafe UV Formula I
Super concentrated liquid formula for making CR-39™ lenses capable of absorbing ultraviolet radiation up to 400 nm in a simple treatment process. This formula is compatible with Anti-Reflection coatings, tinting, scratch resistance coating processes, and comes in 8 fl. oz. bottles. It will last up to six weeks in the dye tank based on 8 hrs heating per day.
What is Ultraviolet Radiation?
Dangerous invisible electromagnetic particle-like properties produced by the sun and man-made sources (such as man-made welding arcs, high pressure lamps, etc.) The wavelength of UV radiation is measured in nanometers. For more information about UV radiation, refer to our informative pamphlet, “Protect Your Eyes From UV Radiation”.
- 8 fl. oz.(237ml) concentrate bottle (Item#C337)
- 8 fl. oz. (237ml) concentrate bottle w/Scratch Resistance Properties (Item#C339)
1. One or more tanks in your dye heating unit can be allocated to heat the UV formula. An indirect heating unit utilizing heat transfer fluid is strongly recommended (e.g., Phantom Heating System). Any direct heating unit must incorporate stirring action to become suitable for heating the UV formula.
2. Clean lens holder. Lens holder used for UV treatment should not be dipped in other solutions to prevent cross contamination.
UV treat lenses easily by dipping the lenses into UV solution
heated to 205-210°F (96-99°C) for 3-8 minutes.
For further detailed instructions refer to UV instructions on the container.
- 500+ UV treated lenses per bottle
- AR compatible
- Clear formula
- Long lasting
- No boilovers
- 3 minute treatment for< 97% UV absorption
- 5 minute treatment for 98% UV absorption
- Greater tank life